Smoked Sausage and Corn Frittata
A fluffy egg dish, made healthier by swapping in turkey sausage.
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces smoked turkey sausage, quartered lengthwise and diced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shoepeg white corn, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Stir in corn and, if desired, red pepper; reduce heat to medium-low.
Combine egg and egg whites in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Drizzle evenly over sausage mixture. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until almost set. Remove pan from heat; sprinkle evenly with cheese and 1 1/2 tablespoons cilantro. Cover and let stand 2 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons cilantro. Cut into 4 wedges.
|Saturated fat||2.9 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||0.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.2 g|