10-Minute Chicken Vegetable Fajitas
Make a sizzling-hot dish that's low-cal and loaded with vitamins.
- 1 (4oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or salt-free spice mix
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
In a bowl or bag, marinate chicken in olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, and cilantro (if using).
Heat fajita pan or skillet on medium. Add chicken and vegetables to pan. Cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Cover and cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with corn tortillas and pico de gallo, if desired. Double the recipe to serve two or more, and replace chicken with mushrooms for a meatless dish.
Handy Hint: To make pico de gallo, combine 2 chopped plum tomatoes, 1/4 chopped onion, juice of 1/2 lime, and desired amount of diced jalapeno.
|Saturated fat||2.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||1.9 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||7 g|