Avocado Black Bean Toasts with Basil Oil
A filling sandwich for your lunch or any hour.
- 2 small slices of whole grain country-style bread
- 1/4 soft avocado, mashed to desired texture
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced, optional
- 2 white mushrooms, thinly sliced, optional
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1 teaspoon basil-infused oil or olive oil (see note in step 4)
- Coarse salt, optional
Toast bread on the stovetop or in a toaster. Spread avocado evenly on toasts.
Top toasts with black beans, radishes, and mushrooms, if using.
Squeeze lemon over toast and drizzle with oil. If using, top with coarse salt such as pink Himalayan salt or sea salt.
To make basil oil: Puree 1/4 cup olive oil with 1/4 cup basil leaves until smooth. Heat oil mixture in a saucepan for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Let cool and press oil through a mesh strainer, discarding the solids. Store in an airtight refrigerated container for up to one week. If desired, double the recipe and heat oil for 30 seconds longer.
Handy Hint: Brush bread with coconut oil before stovetop toasting for delicious, nutty flavor.
|Saturated fat||1.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||1.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||7.5 g|