1 hour 2 min
A healthier take on a brunch favorite.
- 2 cups parsnips, coarsely grated
- 2 leeks, large, dark green parts removed and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (6 oz. total) chicken apple sausages, casing removed
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 sage leaves, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss parsnips, leeks, garlic, and oil in a large bowl, seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast, stirring occasionally, until leeks begin to caramelize and parsnips are tender, about 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F to keep warm.
While parsnips are roasting, brown sausages in a large shallow pan over medium heat, about 12 minutes. Break down the sausages as you cook. Remove from heat and drain fat by placing cooked sausage in a bowl lined with a paper towel.
Whisk together eggs, yogurt, and honey in a large bowl.
Grease an 8" x 8" casserole dish or cast iron skillet with butter. Arrange half of the roasted parsnip mixture on the bottom and layer with the browned sausage. Top with half of the cheese. Add the remaining parsnip mixture. Pour egg evenly over the mixture, and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake until casserole is puffed and firm to the touch, 35 to 40 minutes. Garnish with thinly sliced sage and serve.
|Saturated fat||3.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||2.4 g|