Catfish with Cilantro-Chipotle Rice
Catfish is an excellent source of protein.
- 4 (6-ounce) farm-raised catfish fillets
- coat skillet cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup bottled chipotle salsa, divided
- 1 ( 10-ounce ) package frozen brown rice
- 1/3 cup bottled chipotle salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan and fillets with cooking spray. Sprinkle fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Add 2 fillets to pan, flat sides up; cook 4 minutes on 1 side or until browned. Turn fillets over; spoon 1 tablespoon salsa over each fillet. Cook 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 fillets.
Heat rice according to package directions. Transfer rice to a medium bowl. Stir in salsa and cilantro. Serve immediately.
|Saturated fat||3.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||6.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||3 g|