Chunky Sweet Potato Chili
This one-pot meal’s rich in vitamin A and comfort food flavors.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed to reduce salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spices such as chili powder, cumin, or paprika
- 3 cups no- or low-salt vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
Heat oil in stockpot on medium low. Cook onion and tomatoes until soft, about 3 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
Handy Hint: Serve with low-fat shredded cheese, your favorite hot sauce, and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt for added flavor.
|Saturated fat||0.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||1.8 g|