‘Creamy’ Pasta Primavera
Cauliflower sauce adds silky texture without all the fat.
- 4 cups (1 lb.) whole-wheat farfalle
- 3 cups (1/2 head) cauliflower, steamed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head radicchio or endive, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Black pepper and lemon wedges, optional
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with warm water.
Season cauliflower with salt and pepper and puree for 30-45 seconds. Add 2 Tbsp of water, or more as needed.
Heat olive oil on medium-low and cook garlic for one minute. Add radicchio and cook for 6 minutes on high heat, stirring frequently. Add apple cider vinegar to deglaze pan. Stir in green peas, parsley, and pasta.
Toss with cauliflower sauce; garnish with black pepper and lemon juice, if desired.
Handy Hint: Want it low-carb? Replace pasta with spiralized veggies such as zucchini noodles (aka “zoodles”).
|Saturated fat||0.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||3.8 g|