Hearty Potato Soup
Root veggies add creaminess to this rustic dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed with the end of a knife
- 1 celery stalk, cut into chunks
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, skins on and cut into chunks
- 2 parsnips, cut into chunks
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable stock + 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt, optional
Heat oil in a large stockpot and add onions, smashed garlic, and celery. Sauté until veggies are softened, around 4 minutes. Stir in bay leaves and parsley.
Add potatoes, parsnips, vegetable stock, and water. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer for 30-45 minutes.
Remove mixture from heat, season with salt and pepper, add plain yogurt if using. Purée with an immersion or standard blender until reaching desired texture. Serve immediately.
Handy Hint: Add 1/2 cup diced apples, swap parsley for sage, and use Valencia onion for a slightly sweeter taste.
|Saturated fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||5.1 g|