Italian Pasta & Bean Soup
A hearty soup that's perfect for dinner or lunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coat dish cooking spray
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (14-ounce) cans less-sodium beef broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces uncooked ditalini pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add beef broth and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add pasta to vegetable mixture. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Ladle soup into individual bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
|Saturated fat||1.5 g|