Oatmeal Energy Bars
These bars are a great start to your day.
- 1/4 cup chilled butter or stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups regular oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cut butter into brown sugar with a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in oats and next 5 ingredients.
Combine egg whites, peanut butter, and condensed milk in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add egg mixture to oats, and stir well.
Press mixture into a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; cool completely. Cut into 28 bars.
|Saturated fat||1.1 g|