Quick and Healthy Pineapple "Fried Rice"
A take-out classic made better with a more nutritious grain: quinoa
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 omega-3–enriched eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 bag coleslaw mix (14 oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (prepared according to package directions)
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
Place 1 teaspoon of the canola oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat.
Add eggs to pan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook 2 minutes, using a spatula to break eggs into small pieces, until fully cooked. Set eggs aside and use spatula to scrape remaining bits from pan.
Place remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 1 minute, until slightly softened. Stir in coleslaw and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add pineapple and peas and cook,stirring, 2 to 3 more minutes, or unti heated through.
Transfer cooked quinoa to large serving bowl. Transfer vegetable mixture from pan into bowl with quinoa and stir in soy sauce until well combined.
Gently stir in reserved eggs and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
|Saturated fat||1.9 g|