Rainbow Spring Rolls
A low-carb lunch with the perfect crunch.
- 8 rice papers (spring roll wrappers)
- 2 carrots, cut into strips
- 2 bell peppers (any color), cut into strips
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into strips
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thinly
- 1/2 jicama, cut into strips (optional)
- 1/2 cup mixed greens, loosely chopped
Prepare fillings and set aside.
Dampen rice papers, one at a time, for 10-15 seconds in warm water (be careful not to break the paper—it may take a few tries). Lay paper flat on a plate and add 2 tablespoons of filling to the bottom.Fold over the right and left sides of paper. Fold bottom paper over fillings and toward the top. Seal top, bottom and sides to form a rectangular roll.
Cut rolls in half with a wet knife and serve with a side salad, if desired.
TIP: Try this recipe with our Ginger-Tahini Dipping Sauce or your favorite low calorie sauce.
Handy Hint: Feeling like dumplings? Add 1 tablespoon of fillings to papers and shape into triangular pouches. Steam for 5-10 minutes at least 1” apart.
|Saturated fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||1.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||4.3 g|