Seasoned Green Beans
Low in fat but a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped seeded peeled tomato (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup less-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 ounces reduced-fat, low-salt ham, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Trim stem end from beans. Arrange beans in a steamer basket over boiling water; cover and steam 10 minutes.
Combine tomato and next 3 ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring often. Stir in beans, parsley, thyme, and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes or until beans are tender.
|Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0 g|