Spaghetti with Zucchini and White Beans
The white beans add an excellent source of fiber to this dish.
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 3 cups (1/4-inch) diced zucchini (2 medium)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (such as Amore)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 (15.8-ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add zucchini to pan; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in water and next 5 ingredients; cover and simmer 4 minutes.
Place pasta evenly on each of 4 plates. Top pasta evenly with zucchini mixture and cheese.
Serve with: Mixed Greens with Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette
|Saturated fat||2.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||0.8 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.5 g|