Sun-Dried Tomato Macaroni Salad
A creamy summer side, without the fat.
- 2 1/2 cups macaroni pasta, dried, cooked, drained, and refrigerated until cool
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chives, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Toss the pasta, celery, onion, and sun-dried tomatoes in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, chives, parsley, vinegar, honey (if using), and black pepper. Toss the dressing with the pasta mixture and refrigerate until serving.
Handy Hint: To keep the pasta from sticking together while you make the dressing, toss the drained pasta with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil or butter while it’s still warm. Since you’ve cut the mayo, a little additional (healthy) fat is okay.
|Saturated fat||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||0.1 g|