Tangy Dijon Pasta
A healthy substitute for a cream sauce that tastes as good.
- 4 ounces uncooked uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 cups fresh snow pea pods
- Coat large skillet cooking spray
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 jar sliced, drained pimiento, sliced and drained
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
Wash peas, trim ends, and remove strings. Cook, uncovered, in a small amount of boiling water 3 minutes. Drain, set aside.
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add pasta, snow peas, and pimiento. Combine sour cream, wine, and mustard in a small bowl; stir well using a wire whisk. Add sour cream mixture to pan. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
|Saturated fat||1 g|