Tuna Salad with Mint and Walnuts
Revisit a childhood classic with grown-up flavors.
- 20 ounces tuna, water-packed canned
- 6 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 celery stalks, leaves and bottom removed, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, julienned
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Drain the tuna and add it to a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until just combined.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with sliced fresh veggies and a salad or with whole-grain bread.
Handy Hint: When mixing together your tuna salad, use a fork instead of a spoon to create a lighter, fluffier salad. The fork introduces a bit of air into the mix, where a mixing spoon actually compresses the salad as you stir, leaving you with a denser dish.
|Saturated fat||0.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||4.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||0.9 g|