Warm Zucchini & Herb Caprese Salad
Enjoy this Mediterranean-inspired appetizer.
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mint or basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Coarse salt and cracked pepper, for garnish
In a non-stick pan, cook zucchini in 1/4 cup water and olive oil for 5 minutes. Toss with herbs and set aside.
Add balsamic vinegar to a shallow bowl. In alternating layers, arrange avocado, mozzarella, and tomato slices. Top with warm zucchini and season with salt and pepper.
Handy Hint: Slide leftovers into a whole-wheat pita for easy lunch.
|Saturated fat||3.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||1.7 g|